A PERFECT VOLUNTEER DESTINATION FOR STUDENTS
- Offering food distributions 5 times per week allows for flexibility in scheduling volunteer time:Monday and Thursday 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday and Saturday 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., and Wednesday 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Teambuilding at its finest – work together with your school club, class, or group of individuals to assist clients through the food distribution process in the shopping warehouse and greeting/registration area.
- Complete service hours for specific class or group requirements by making a huge difference in the fight against hunger in our community.
- Build your college resume through dedicating yourself to volunteering at Food For Greater Elgin and demonstrating an ongoing commitment to service and social change.
- Practice your second language by communicating with our large Spanish speaking population of clients, who often do not speak English and need assistance and explanation of the client-choice process.
- Enhance your summer through experiencing the great personal reward of volunteering your time and ensuring that the families and children in our community are not hungry.
- Take the Change for Hunger Challenge by organizing a school-wide drive to collect change for Food For Greater Elgin every Fall and join other local schools and corporations in this challenge.
Or for more information, contact
Claudia VanDelinder, Director of Community Outreach
(847)931-9330 ext. 314 cvandelinder@FoodForGreaterElgin.org
Volunteer ShiftsFOOD DISTRIBUTION SHIFTS:
|Mon. (Lunes)||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Tues. (Martes)||8:30am - 11:30am|
|Wed. (Miercoles)||10:30am - 1:30pm|
|Thurs. (Jueves)||5:30pm - 8:30pm|
|Sat. (Sabado)||8:30am - 11:30am|
|Mon. (Lunes)||11:00am - 1:00pm|
|Wed. (Miercoles)||8:00am - 10:00am|
|Thur. (Jueves)||11:00am - 1:00pm|
|Fri. (Viernes)||8:00am - 11:00am|