Food For Greater Elgin
Community Service Policy
Food For Greater Elgin is pleased to offer individuals with misdemeanor convictions the ability to serve their community service hours in its facility. The following protocol is to be followed in these situations.
- Upon an individual inquiring about serving at Food For Greater Elgin, they must arrange for an initial meeting and tour with the Director of Community Outreach.
- The individual must bring a copy of their court order documents to the Director of Community Outreach at this initial meeting time and before service hours can begin.
- During this initial meeting, the Director of Community Outreach reserves the right to determine whether or not the individual may serve at Food For Greater Elgin.
- Upon acceptance into the volunteer program at Food For Greater Elgin, the individual must arrange a schedule of hours with the Director of Community Outreach
- The individual must adhere to the arranged schedule. In the event that the individual is not able to come in on a scheduled date, they must give notification to the Director of Community Outreach via phone or email. Failure to give this notification will result in a termination of any further community service hours at Food For Greater Elgin.
- An individual may serve their hours by performing the following tasks:
- assisting in client-choice distribution
- maintenance of building including trash removal, cleaning of bathrooms, vacuuming, mopping floors, and assigned maintenance tasks as needed
- assisting with food sorting during a food delivery or as needed in warehouse
- data entry assignments as needed
- other assigned tasks as needed
The Director of Community Outreach and Executive Director are the individuals to assign any tasks during service hours.
- The Director of Community Outreach and Executive Director reserve the right to terminate further service hours at any given time based on individual’s performance of tasks or conflicting behaviors.
- Individuals must inform the Director of Community Outreach one week prior to completion of court ordered community service hours. The Director of Community Outreach will provide the individual with a letter of verification. This letter will include the total number of hours served and tasks completed. The letter will be addressed accordingly to the individual’s court system.
Please contact Claudia VanDelinder, Director of Community Outreach cvandelinder@FoodForGreaterElgin.org or (847) 931-9330 ext. 314 to arrange a meeting.
Volunteer ShiftsFOOD DISTRIBUTION SHIFTS:
|Mon. (Lunes)||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Tues. (Martes)||8:30am - 11:30am|
|Wed. (Miercoles)||10:30am - 1:30pm|
|Thurs. (Jueves)||5:30pm - 8:30pm|
|Sat. (Sabado)||8:30am - 11:30am|
|Mon. (Lunes)||11:00am - 1:00pm|
|Wed. (Miercoles)||8:00am - 10:00am|
|Thur. (Jueves)||11:00am - 1:00pm|
|Fri. (Viernes)||8:00am - 11:00am|